Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Post birthday dispatch.

 

64 trips around the sun. That time of year I used to call Mom and say, "Thanks for having me!" I didn't develop this routine until late. I think I took her by surprise every year I said it. Birthdays haven't always been the best time for me, but of late I am better with them. It wasn't ever the growing older that bothered. It was the being overlooked. 

The eve of my birthday is the anniversary of the fist date I ever had with Wilson.
We celebrated 44 years since that first date. 

Birthday breakfast was late. And good. 

Birthday dinner was cooked at home and didn't disappoint. 
Our local Butcher Shop has some mighty fine marinated ribeye steaks. 

Texas sister asked for this recipe. 
It is a family favorite, right out the 1984 Southern Living Cookbook.
My children liked it best with no additional sugar. 
I put the batter together yesterday. I'm about to go cook them.

Sunday I put together a second batch of family recipe Belgian Waffles.
They are for my offspring. 
For Christmas.
Since we won't be gathering in person. 
And they need this tradition. 
As do I.

Going to go turn on the oven now.
Namaste.










No comments:

Post a Comment