Thursday, August 17, 2017

Adventures on a Wednesday. And other stuff.

On Sunday we celebrated 40 years of marriage. 
So much of our coffers have been thrown into our kitchen this summer, we just haven't felt like spending any more. So we opted to have a nice dinner Saturday evening, here in town, to celebrate. 
This is my favorite local "go to" place for a fancy celebratory meal. 
Macho ate the chicken and waffles. I enjoyed a shrimp and bacon dish.
On Sunday we grabbed a quick sandwich in town and went to the movies. We watched "Dunkirk". It was pretty okay. 

It was a really happy day, our anniversary. At mass our priest called us up and gave the nicest blessings for our marriage. We had expected that. But when he was finished he looked at us with a twinkly and said, "and now you may kiss your bride!" Well. Macho turned 14 shades of red and purple. The congregation laughed and clapped. And. We kissed. 

After mass we visited our friend, Tony. Some of you know his story.
Alzheimers. And. Pancreatic cancer. 
We love Tony.

On Wednesday I attended my Master Gardner meeting where one of those present asked if anyone had ever tasted a pawpaw. I hadn't and so I did. And i liked it. 
She had picked them up at the butterfly garden, as there are two pawpaw trees there. On my way home I swung by the butterfly garden...

...and picked up these. The taste is hard to describe. Somewhere between a peach, mango, and persimmon. The texture gets really pudding like when it is very ripe. The seeds are large. 
It just goes to show - there's always something!

And on that note I must go get a load of clothes going.
A quick invite to my friends to come over for lunch next week has fallen through, as most all of them will be out of town.
Even Macho will be out of town next week. 

But. I will seek adventure. It may be in my own back yard, but it's out there!
Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment