Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Kold.

A yummy meal prepared last week. Little brother gifted us some fish filets. I pan fried these and served them with broccoli and a new lemon rice recipe I found on Pinterest. I had some store bought Remoulade sauce that I served with the fish. Not sure I like the sauce, it was very horseradish-y. A bit too much. Other than that the meal was fine. 

Had to stop working on this shawl over the weekend when I ran out of yarn (of this color). I had occasion to stop by the HobLob today and replenish and will be wrapping this one up by the weekend.

More Pinterest recipes! This one was a one dish meal - Tuscan chicken mac & cheese. It was pretty good. It made a huge amount. We've eaten it twice this week with another dish full stashed away in the deep freeze.

Speaking of deep freeze. We are in it. I went to the Y yesterday morning and it wasn't snowing. 
Then it was. This was on my windshield when I finished exercising. My girlfriend lunch was cancelled and I spent the day happily cleaning bathrooms and steam mopping the back house. 
I kind of did something to my back on Monday and so wore the old back brace most of the day yesterday. It is all better. 

Hot chocolate was enjoyed on the day it snowed. 

I didn't really have any one to play with. And. There wasn't enough snow to do anything with. But I did run out and snap this picture in the morning. It snowed for most of the day but this was all the accumulation we saw. 

Snow still around today. We woke up to 8 degrees with it feeling like -6 this morning. But. 
The sun was shining today. I got to town and ran all kinds of errands. But.
It was K-O-L-D! 

I've warmed up some turkey gumbo out the freezer and added a few shrimp. 
That should warm our bellies tonight.

Peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment