Friday, February 2, 2018

Weather report.

After being warm enough to not wear a coat yesterday we are back to freezing. On Groundhog Day. I am not complaining, well I sort of am.

February came in funky. Out of Town Son hit a deer first thing yesterday morning. His truck has many miles on it. He has put off buying a new truck. He might have to out of necessity now. Sorry about that.

Beach Boy has the drama going on at his school. Head coach reassigned, without his consent. New head coach named two weeks after the reassignment, one week after the job was posted. I smell a rat.

Daughter has had a delightful week at her new job.

The afterglow from last weekend has kept me on an even keel all week. Our garden club speaker got the flu. We had our meeting anyway, and it was delightful. Sometimes impromptu works. We even sang Happy Birthday to our 92 year old member, Ms Gene. She is precious.

Enjoyed a pizza with some good friends last night. We were checking out the live music to see if it was danceable. Not so much.

Mr. Macho wants to see a western movie tonight. Tomorrow I am going to watch a coming of age film with Daughter.

For such a long time in my part of the state, the locals did not celebrate Mardi Gras. Now the Protestants are getting on board with Lent and some people actually have Mardi Gras events. 
I have brought some Mardi Gras to myveryown neighborhood. In the trees and on my mailbox! 
Let the good times roll.

I found all this money on my walk yesterday. It makes me think of my Dad, he got such a big kick out of me finding pennies on the ground so often.  As always, when I find the money, it goes into my poor box. 

***
Senior Mass and brunch this morning. Always a good time. I made my special muffins to contribute. 
They are so yummy and have tons of good ingredients...I start with a basic zucchini bread recipe and add carrot, apple, raisins, coconut, walnuts, lots of cinnamon. 

Happy weekend evahbody. 
Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment