Saturday, March 16, 2019

Mother.

She died when flowers were in bloom, not quite spring. How appropriate that I am reminded of new life just as my mother's body expires. And expire is just a great word to use to describe the experience. Surrounded by many of her children Mom's heart used up the last weak beats it was meant to use. It was a Friday, in the evening.

 All week we had prayed, laughed, cried, sang, and loved her well. Five of the siblings were present as time permitted through the week. Two more siblings joined us on Friday, in time to add more love and prayers before her soul took flight.

I am so sad for me. For us. But I am so happy for Mom.  I will see her in all the signs of spring as I consider her new life. Heaven is richer today.

Well done good and faithful servant.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment