Friday, December 6, 2019

63 and me.

So the birthday has happened. It really was a very good day. I guess I have finally grown up. I am over the fact that Macho doesn't immediately wake up and tell me happy birthday. I really can't decide whether he forgets, or simply doesn't think it matters. This time it didn't have power over me.

This was my first birthday without my Mom. But I felt like she was with me all day. I saw and heard her in the little gems of my day...the cardinal that lit on the hydrangea bush outside Daughter's window, the chimes singing to me as I hung red Christmas ornaments on my front door swag, when I realized that there were exactly nine red ornaments....all significant and meaningful to me. I felt carried with love throughout the day as I heard from all of my children and all of my siblings and in-laws.

Just for fun...





Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment