Thursday, July 16, 2020

This dispatch is brought to you by the color yellow.

 So our Sweet Lauren had some elective surgery this morning. 
Days ago she told her mom that she wanted to take "Yellow" to the hospital with her.
Side note: Yellow is the baby afghan I crocheted for her before she was born. Yellow is also 17.
Daughter responded: okay but we have to wash him.
Lauren: never mind.
Fast forward to last night...(quoted from texts) Lauren decided a clean Yellow is better than no Yellow at all. Fingers crossed that he doesn't disintegrate in the wash. 
This morning I text Daughter...
Woke up thinking about Lauren. Hope she is calm and ready. You, too! Did yellow hold up?
Then this picture arrived with this message...
Yes!! Doing well for 17 years of hard love.
I had an emotional reaction...crying and laughing at the same time, in the extreme.
Man. I love those two girls...

So I walked extra hard trying to work off all the feels this morning.
We aren't really socially distancing. On purpose.
I am the pace setter. 

Namaste good people. 
And. 
Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment