Thursday, December 29, 2022

Winding it down.

Waiting for Beach Boy and his family to arrive yesterday I stirred up a family favorite cookie recipe. You can see how well loved it is. A former neighbor wrote this before she moved away more than 30 years ago. 

 This little one seemed interested in the crochet project I had started. I gave her a brief history of how I learned to crochet. Wilson's step grandmother taught me. She fancied trying her had at it and so I showed her. She sat next to me on the sofa last night working her little fingers at it. When she woke this morning she wanted to get back to it. She made a pot-holder size swatch of crochet. I was amazed at how serious and interested she was. 

Our company is out for the day but will arrive home late to spend one more night with us before relocating to the other grandparent's home. 

We will spend a quiet New Years together dining on tradition. 
Namaste. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment