Friday, July 31, 2015

I can't capture the moon.

Look quick. July is slipping away. Well, speeding away is more like it. I can not even account for where it has gone, nor where I have been. Most of the time I have been right here. And. I am still struggling through Les Miserables. Oi vey! It's a shunda. It is a painful read because it is so tedious. I don't know what medal I think I am going to win by reading it. But hey, it better be a pretty damn big one.

Sister from Virginia has come and gone, for the second time. It was most enjoyable to host her and my in-town sister for dinner on Wednesday night. Shortly before it was time to start preparing the meal we had a terrific storm blow through. The winds came from the east and I declared that trees would be blown down in it. Sure enough, 30 minutes later, sister-in-law texted that Mr. Macho's dad had a tree down in his yard. It is a big old pine that had actually been struck by lightening last year. It snapped about 20 feet up the tree.

Electricity went out. Then flickered. Then was back on in time to cook the supper. We dined on baked salmon, sauteed spinach, onions, and mushrooms, and quinoa. Our appetizers were fresh figs from sister's tree with blue cheese and prosciutto. Sister brought some yummy orange-fig dessert bars. It was a delightful repast.

Sister from Virginia departed Thursday morning and just now texted that she has made the 3/4 mark on her journey home. She will stay the night with cousins in North Carolina. She spent last night with an old classmate near Atlanta.

Which brings me to today, and the point...

With extreme sadness I report this to you. I can not capture the moon. Even though I want to.

On the way home from a most enjoyable dining trek with old friends last night, we espied the nearly full moon. I aimed my phone camera in her general direction, even snapped a shot or two. Then. I deleted them. I could read the road map on her surface, she was so vivid and clear. It simply would not translate to my camera phone.

This morning, while perusing the facebook, I saw several shots of the moon from last night. And. They were jolly good shots. And yet. It doesn't measure up to seeing it with your own two eyes. So here is my challenge to you: should you accept it - simply step outside tonight. And soak it up. With your eyes. With your skin. With all your might. It will be a full moon experience. A full-blue moon experience. It is your "once in a blue moon" opportunity! It promises to be spectacular. I might just take a blanket and lay out somewhere to catch some moon glow. Blue moon glow. Tonight. Be there. Or. Be square.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment