Saturday, July 11, 2015

The relatives came.

Dear Sister,
Just so you know, my house is awful quiet without your breathing in it. You know what I mean. It was so great having you here. Even for the few days. You didn't eat up all my fruit! And. You didn't even need a haircut. But. Dishes got done so fast. Exercising with you made it fast. And fun. Driving to Tuscaloosa felt like 5 minutes. Your constant conversation sure was good company these last few days.
The house is empty. And too quiet.
Happy trails. Come back soon.
Love,
Nanny Bee
Photo op with St. Nick. Me, Daughter, Sister from Virginia.

Sister, Bear, me.

Sister, Daughter, me. 

Thursday night concert at the River Walk. Good times, man. 
***
"And when they were finally home in Virginia, they crawled into their silent, soft beds and dreamed about the next summer." 
-The Relatives Came
Cynthia Rylant

1 comment:

  1. Loved my visit and love the book you quoted! Until we meet again, sister, I'll see you in my dreams!

    ReplyDelete