Thursday, June 2, 2016

Day 1 - swim laps.

I aimed for 12 laps. Said I would be happy with 10. (Set the bar low and see what happens.) I swam 13. It. Felt. Great. I love lap swim. Just so you know.

Been going strong this week. Tuesday we celebrated (late) Nina's birthday. My girls took a day trip to Oxford. Day trippin'. (Like the way that sounds.) Ate lunch at City Grocery. Ran into my old caterer at the bookstore on the square. Ibby suggested a book and I bought it, "Dispatches From Pluto" by Richard Grant. She guaranteed laughs. I also purchased "Watermark" by a boy from myveryown hometown, Michael Hewes. (Mr. Macho always pronounces it 'hee-wees' but it is actually 'hughes'.) Anyways. I am set for good vacation reading. Soon as I finish this book I bought while visiting Mom..."The Burden of Proof" by Scott Turow. I am enjoying not reading any classics. Glad I am off that band wagon.

Visited with father-in-law for a little while yesterday. He was awake. He had been to PT and ate a very small amount of lunch. He didn't fall directly to sleep when they finally got him in the bed. I hope it is a good sign that he is more wakeful.

Ramping up for the family reunion/vacation next week. Sunscreen. Big bottles of wine. What else do I need?

If your flip flop falls off, don't stop to pick it up.
You know what I'm talking about. You coasties.
Beach life.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment