Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial weekend.

All the kiddos and grand kiddos were here over the weekend. It was really good and I enjoyed listening to the laughter and noise of it all. I had cooked two boston butts in my roaster and we ate on that plus baked beans and cole slaw all weekend. DIL, Alyssa, made a great cup cake birthday cake and we celebrated Tucker's #10 birthday, too!

That Tucker. He is a good egg. I am so hoping that he and his granddad get to fish some this summer. He has asked several times about going fishing.

Mr. Macho and the kids made a visit to see their grandaddy in the nursing home Saturday morning. He slept most of the time. Last week was rough and simply wore him out.

I am happy to report today that he was awake and alert when I was there visiting. He ate a small amount of lunch and participated, as much as he possibly could, in his physical therapy. Which wasn't much, but it was better than nothing. I am feeling some hope after seeing him today, that he will improve. Mr. Macho has been most concerned by the amount of sleep his dad has been getting. I hope a corner is being turned and he will be more "with us" in the future.

Tonight we dine on veggies and grilled sausage as we remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice to insure our freedom.

God bless the United States of America.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment