Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tempus fugit

Mom is 97. It's true. Last week I drove down to help celebrate her birthday. 
She had a really good day. One of her sisters attended the party - in her wheelchair! 
Mom had requested fried chicken...so that is what she got! Several of her offspring where able to be with her to celebrate. Sweet sister-in-law made her favorite chocolate cake and it was served with ice cream. 
Aunt Jeanne will be 88 tomorrow. There are two more sisters and a brother that are still very alive! Mom is the oldest.

She had enough breath to blow out the candles. 


Sister Mimi, Mom, and me. It was a good day. 

***
The weekend went all too quickly. I did get to attend Beach Boy's football game on Friday night. Our Bearcats lost their first game. I think I was the jinx. They were pretty evenly matched. Lots of penalties. Room for improvement. But man have they come a long way! Good job coaches.

Saturday Sweet Peyton and little Millie came over and played with cousin, West. We tried out a little festival then went for pizza and wings! I didn't see near enough of Beach Boy and his family. 
I feel so stretched when I visit the coast...I just need to go more often. 

Back to the grind today. Hair appointment. Annual checkup. Lunch with friends. 
Gotta go figure what's for supper.
Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment