Friday, September 29, 2017

Goodbye September.

We will dance our way out of September tomorrow night. Our ballroom dance club is holding its monthly dance, and we are finally going to make it. I had hoped we would be more regular this year, but that hasn't happened. There's always next year. 

About a week ago Beach Boy texted me and asked it I could make a poodle skirt for Millie. 
Of course! And here it is....


She will wear it for her preschool's celebration of Cruising' the Coast. 
Can't wait to see her in it! She is quite the entertainer these days. She was THE loudest voice in her preschool performance earlier this week. 

Monday evening, before dance class, we attended the 90th birthday party for our friend, Gill. He is responsible for the Big Band Theory dance we attend each February. He is the band leader. Two years ago his doctors put him on hospice, and after a few weeks he fired them. Told them he had much living to do. And. He has done just that. He had a bad fall a few weeks ago and is getting around in a wheel chair now. What a celebration it was! On the porch of one of our local antebellum homes. Lovely setting, good friends, flowing champagne, what more do you want?!

This fall critter was seen scurrying across my front porch this week.
It was fuzzy and spiney. I didn't want to touch it. 
(Nice pattern on the concrete - I just noticed!)

Last night Macho and I attended out downtown art walk. Businesses stay open later. Most serve refreshments. Local artists pair with a business and exhibit their work. Local musicians play on the sidewalks. It is an excellent idea. I went in search of local, cheap art for my house.

Here is my sole purchase. Not sure I'm going to keep the frame on it. Won't hang it right away. Going to wait until I have some other pieces for a nice arrangement of art. 

I am finding my feng shui, again. It got lost around the beginning of 2013. I'm finding the color again. And, did I tell you - I'm working on another shawl. Crocheting. I have a friend in mind that I am making it for. Almost finished. Then on to the next project.

Garden club, master gardeners, church activities...lots on my plate.
Tomorrow morning I will start the day with a charity walk. 
Millie and her sister are coming for a visit on Sunday. She'll get to try on the poodle skirt for me.
Monday I get to go have lunch with Merritt at her elementary school.
Adventures abound.
Shalom.


No comments:

Post a Comment