Saturday, October 7, 2017

Wrap up the week and a storm called Nate.

Grandparents's Day at the Super Carrot's elementary school started my week on the good foot.
She wore her kitten ears to school. We met in the hall and I ate in the cafeteria with her.
Afterwards she showed me her classroom and I walked with her to computer lab. Then it was over and I went and sat with Daughter while she grabbed a quick lunch. I followed her back to her new office building and went inside to see where she works now. It is an old hospital building on campus. Still feels like a hospital. 

The weather has been dry as of late. While watering this week I noticed that the east end of the raised bed is doing way better than the west end. Difference is the east end got the compost. West end got the bagged "soil" from Lowe's. Hmmm. 
***
Wednesday night oldest sister and her husband stopped at Sister Paulette's house for the night on their way home from visiting children, grandchildren, and their first great-grandchild in Kentucky. We had them out for supper. It was simple fare. Hobo stew, salad, bread. I even scorched the stew. Yet, it still tasted good. 

Thursday night, after a day of Bible study and an outside garden club meeting that I help host, I enjoyed a huge apple hand picked in Kentucky by sister an BIL. I complimented it with cheese, a stale bagette, and a cabernet sauvignon. Good supper. Macho ate leftover stew.
***
Friday I attended the funeral of a fellow parishioner. She was too young to die, but had struggled with mental and physical health issue all her adult life. She was a very faith filled person that loved God and believed in the power of prayer with all her heart. 

I don't know how to convey the next part of my day. I got a text message informing me that one of my garden club friends had died Thursday night. The deceased had just emailed me Thursday morning. I couldn't get my mind around it. Surely the message was erroneous. She only had a torn hamstring, she said. She couldn't help host garden club - the doctor said stay off the leg. And now someone was telling me she died. I got home and checked Facebook only to see condolences already being written. I called other garden club friends to confirm. Then I saw the obituary in the local afternoon paper. I was in shock. I was sad. Still am. Still want to not believe it. 
I was just getting to knower well. She had just retired earlier this year. She celebrated her 60th birthday last month. She was younger then me. 

Oh God, give me the strength to find the thanksgiving in all things. 
Shalom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment