Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Hey. Remember me?

Yea, yea, I know. Where have I been? 
Busy. That's where. 
Doing stuff. That's what. 
Festivals and whatnot. 
Got to ride up the road with my girlies last week for a fun shopping day.
Didn't buy a thing but lunch.

Daughter, The Super Carrot, and I attended the Kentuck Festival on Saturday. The weather was just right, and there is shade at the Kentuck.
Wish I had a armored car full of money. There was lots that I would have bought that day.


I purchased the new signage that dons my den wall now. 

I also purchased this nice abstract tile. And. Have ordered her two sisters to keep her company.
Prolly on my kitchen wall above me sink. Thanks for the suggestion, Daughter!

So today I have lunch with my same two girlies. (One of us is MIA: up north caring for her very sick daughter. One of us was home sick herownself. That left three of us.)
Time of life talk - retirement, divorce, aches and pains. We didn't linger like usual...the divorce is a daughter of one of us. She had to get going to meet a grandson after school while her daughter met with her attorney. Sad business, that. 

After lunch I dropped by our art center to secure tickets to see the Vienna Boys Choir. 

I found this ginkgo leaf on the sidewalk downtown. The photo doesn't do the green justice. 
I love the fall leaves. Our colors are just starting to be noticeable. We had so much good rain this year that leaf dropping has been delayed. The ginkgo usually turns after most trees have already gone bare. Then they become a brilliant gold color and, in the course of about a day, the tree lets go of the leaves. We have several in front of church. The day they drop there is a gold carpet to walk on. It's pretty cool. 

Our temps are finally cooling. It was 49 this morning. Supposed to be 39 tomorrow morning. 
And yet. I still have my summer clothes in my drawers and closets. We haven't turned off the AC.
Yet. 

I just might put the quilt on the bed tonight. Turn on the ceiling fan and get cozy. 
I do like fall. 

Shalom, y'all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment