Friday, March 2, 2018

In like lion.

And so March begins. The first day was dreary and rainy. But there was redemption in the sunshine of today. This month holds much promise. 
I picked up our tax return from the CPA today. Lo and behold our refund is nice. I called Macho on the phone right away to ask him where he was taking me on vacation. 
Our call got cut off, "accidentally". But after work he said he would like to visit some sites and new museums on the west side of our state. I'll go for that! 

I planted mexican sunflowers from seeds I gathered last summer from the Master Gardener butterfly garden. And just look at that! They are coming up in aces. I also gathered zinnia seeds and they are slowly sprouting, also. I'm trying some moon vine, too, that I got seeds for at a plant festival last fall. 
Right now I am putting them out in the day and bringing them in at night because it is so chilly. 
Here's hoping they survive!

Garden Club met downtown yesterday. We ate at a local restaurant and then walked down the street in the rain to tour and old building. It was a hotel many, many years ago. More recently it has been retail. Now it is being returned to its original purpose - a hotel. A boutique hotel. There will be seven rooms upstairs, and hopefully fun retail shops downstairs. Several adjoining buildings are being renovated with apartments upstairs and retail downstairs. It was very cool to get to see it in its stripped down stage. We hope to tour again at a later date to see the progress. 

I buy myself flowers. I guess you know that by now. No one else will, so I just do this for myself.
I splurged and bought roses today. Because it was Friday and I felt like it. 
Happy, happy to me! 

***
I went out in the backyard to put my potted pink amaryllis on the porch since it is going to get in the 30's tonight. 
I was walking around checking my other plants - I am so please to report that my red amaryllis that my Dad gave me is coming back up! I was afraid it had expired. So my heart is so please when I see its green shoots coming up. 

While I was out I was also enjoying the church chimes Out of Town Son and wife gave me for Christmas. It plays such a soft nice music. 
For one moment there were ghosts of children in my backyard. As I stood still I could almost feel there little bodies playing back there. Even though the yard is configured so differently now that we have added on to the house and built a shop. I could see the yard as it used to be filled with children. 
Running, playing, making noise. 
I had a moment. Then I was okay. 
And now I grow plants. 
And that is okay. 

Shalom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment