Sunday, March 11, 2018

Quiet afternoon.

I'm just sitting here surfing the internet, listening to Macho snore. It is a dreary day - damp and cool. Inside weather. I'm reflecting on this past week and all the good it held...

Visiting Mom while she marked the day she and Dad were married 75 years ago was soft and meaningful. When I arrived on Monday I found Mom very tired. She skipped her nap that afternoon in anticipation of my arrival. I spent the nights with Beach Boy and his family. When I drove back to Mom's on Tuesday she was much her old self, cheery and upbeat. She was rested. We attended noon Mass together, enjoyed subway sandwiches for lunch, and I made sure she napped. Wednesday, the anniversary day, we went to Mass in the morning. I drove Mom to the grocery store and we picked up a pot pie from KFC for lunch. Again, she had a good nap. She was very happy that day. We reminisced about her wedding day. She was sketchy remembering exactly who was in her wedding party. I think she had them all right.

Beach Boy took the day off Thursday and we enjoyed doing little things together. We shopped at a vinegar and oil store. We visited Mom briefly. We lunched at a Vietnamese restaurant. We picked up his girls from school early. That evening we attended a Dr. Seuss party at the elementary school and dined out.

On Friday I drove home. I was sad as I drove away. The little girls had showered me with hugs and "I love you Nannys" all week. It is hard to leave that.

But. Friday evening Out-of-Town Son and DIL drove up with Cecilia to spend the weekend. So,  I had more sweet hugs and fun with Cc! Macho and I got to play all day with Cc while her parents drove up to Memphis for the day to find a particular day bed they wanted. We cooked steaks on the grill last night. Cc had skipped her nap and was ready for bed on time. After a Mexican feast today they headed back south.

And now I listen to steady snoring. And sigh because it was a grand week indeed.

There is a new baby on the way. She will be here by Easter, I think. All feels right with the world.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment