Monday, May 14, 2018

Delta wedding.

We can check delta wedding off our bucket list now. This one is in the books.
It was certainly relaxed and fun. The wedding was custom made for the bride and groom. They both seemed very at ease throughout the weekend. 

We began with the 3 hour drive to the west side of the state. The opposite side from us. When you drive through Jim Hensen's home town you stop and take a picture with Kermit. That is just what you do. And. We did. 

There is a certain hill just past Winona that curves slightly on the western descent. After that things get flat real fast. And you are in the delta. There are no more hills. Unless you turn around and go back. But there is charm and history that seep up from the ground there. You can feel it as you drive. Mile after mile. Planting is happening right now in the delta. So we saw fields in various early stages of the growing season. We saw dirt rows. We saw rows of young plants popping up. And. We saw famers driving big equipment planting their fields. We saw dust behind every vehicle on the field roads. We saw the dust before we saw the vehicle. 

You know what that looks like? Money. 
The delta crops include corn, rice, soy beans, cotton, and I don't know what all. 

Flat as far as the eye can see.

And so we attended a memorable rehearsal dinner which included fried catfish, smoked chicken, and hot tamales! All good. 

I think my favorite dish of the weekend was the candied tomato casserole served at the bridal brunch Saturday morning. The host promised me the recipe. 
I will follow up on that. 

I did not want to carry my purse all weekend so I opted to leave it in Macho's truck. I didn't have pockets to carry my phone and I didn't want to hold it everywhere I went. So it got left in the truck, too. Which means I didn't take a single picture of the wedding events. I knew there would be lots of others taking photos. I just enjoyed living in the moment. All weekend. 

The wedding occurred at half past five Saturday evening. The bride was lovely. 
Her joy was obvious. 
After the nuptials we ate and danced the night away. 

And they lived happily ever after. 

Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment