Thursday, December 13, 2018

Pictorial catch up...

I have been remiss at keeping up with the blog lately. It is the most wonderful time of the year and the  most busy time of the year. I've celebrated another trip around the sun.

 
 Daughter took the day off and spent it with me. She treated her Dad and I to lunch. It was a great day. 

 Macho has completed a bed to bench project that has been on hold since the storm named Katrina. It is done and this bench will soon reside in Daughter's home. When she was a little girl she asked her Nana if she could have this bed when Nana died. Well, Nana tricked her and just kept on living. But the bed is now Daughter's, only in the form of a bench. 

Little brother attended and art function that featured some hometown vintage photos. This collage includes a close up of my father. Top row second picture from right. Boy in the back. 
That's my dad. He was 14 or 15 years old. 

Monday night we attended Miss P's basketball game. She scored her first three points ever and her team won the game! It was such fun. 

This week I have gotten to visit Mom every day. It has added to my Christmas joy. I have seen old photos for the fist time. Some were of Mom when she was little, along with some of her siblings. Some were of my grandparents. This photo is of my mother's parents. 

We ate in Bay St. Louis. I enjoyed some char-grilled oysters. Salty. And delicious. 

Millie's Christmas program was just right. She was already out of her angel costume when we took this photo with both sets of grandparents. 

Last night we celebrated Miss P's #8 birthday (though it was actually the day before.) After a Cracker Barrel meal we enjoyed a yummy pound cake with lemon glaze. 

Today the weather has taken a turn for the worse. It is nasty and rainy. It held off until afternoon. This morning we got a good walk and I washed a load of clothes at Sister Mimi's house. Then we drove over and treated Mom to a Wendy burger and chocolate shake. I watched her savor that shake from across her dining table. We took our leave when she started to fall asleep. It was nap time. 
We hugged for a long time at her front door. 
It felt like a last hug. 
This was the same time of year I hugged my Dad for the last time.
So the weather and the hug and the old photos have me feeling a little low at the moment.

Tonight we will attend Miss P's Christmas program. 
Tomorrow we will take our leave and head north.
I think Christmas, may in fact, come in a whisper this year.
Listen closely.
Shalom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment