Monday, December 31, 2018

The end.

Goodbye 2018. Not a bad year. Weddings, funerals, birth...life has happened.

I end the year nursing a cold. It isn't terrible. This morning I donned my rain boots and coat and headed out to the DG for some tissues and cold medicine. Then, since I already had on the gear, I picked greens out the garden in the rain for our New Year's repast. Greens are in the pot cooking. I will reheat them tomorrow. I will cook peas I purchased at the farmer's market last summer along with pork chops from the Kroger. I have a few pieces of left over cornbread that will get reheated, also.

I picked up two movies at the Redox for viewing this afternoon since it is such a dreary, warm, and rainy day. I doubt I will make it until midnight to welcome the new year. But live it I will! Much to anticipate in 2019. So far we have two concerts and a big vacation on the calendar. Two births in the family are on  the calendar (two nephews' wives). No weddings planned, yet.

Mom continues to be busy living, though she is slowing it down on a daily basis. She has actually opted to not attend Mass for the last two Sundays. That speaks volumes to me. She is so tired. I would love to run down and see her but will not with the germs I am carrying.

No words of wisdom nor any resolutions right now. Just gonna live, try to be kind, and always seek adventure. Even if it is of the small variety.

Happy New Year.
Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment