Wednesday, January 16, 2019

One clear day.

Finally. A sunny day. It started with a brisk walk before the frost disappeared. I had a Master Gardener meeting this morning. It went well. I will be the secretary for two years. 
It's all good. 
A quick trip to the Kroger for a few groceries and gas. 
Wednesday is $5 sushi day. So. That's what was for lunch.
The temps got up in the low 50's and so I stayed outside for a bit with the hubby.
He was doing all sorts of little duties to make the best of the good weather.
We mined rocks out of our back bed. Daughter found this amusing. 

Pics of the week...
Yesterday I cooked navy beans and a ham hock.
Yes. They were good. Served over rice. Sprinkled with green onion (thank you Sister Mimi!). 

I was so excited to see this lone honeybee. He is dining on bok choy flowers. 
I was going to cut them down soon but think otherwise now. I will leave them a bit longer if the honeybees like them. I want to do anything I can to encourage the rare honeybees. I didn't see any last summer. It was fall before I espied a few on my blooming elaeagnus. 

I am trying to harvest my lettuces and greens this week so we can begin to prepare our small garden for spring planting. I picked some mache lettuce, romaine, a little bit of butterhead, and bok choy to eat tonight. 

***
I am not your total earth mother. Yet I do like to grow things and eat them right out my garden. I like to have flowers that invite honeybees and butterflies. 
It gives me joy. 

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment