Sunday, January 20, 2019

Salad anyone?

Weekend arrived. Rain poured down all morning Saturday. Heavy rain. Afternoon rains came softer.
After 2 hours of intense pickle ball Macho and I came home and vegetated most of the afternoon. 
Weather discouraged activity. We read. We watched teevee. Washed clothes. Discarded the recycles.
Ate leftovers for lunch. Cooked a huge pot of chili to eat on Sunday. 
Then we enjoyed several hours of The Tudors on Netflix.

Sunday arrived early. I had the duty at church and so the alarm went off at 5:30. A.M. 
I had a Krispy Kreme gift card burning a hole in my pocket...
I gave in. And enjoyed it. The guilt will last for days. 
And days. 

Finally we have a sunny blue bird sky. And. Frigid temps. 
Later we will go to a friends house to turn on their taps and open cabinet doors to avoid frozen pipes.
They are out of town.

I decided to harvest all the remaining romaine and a couple rows of the mache lettuce.
I covered the remaining mache with some newspaper to see if it would survive the predicted frost. 

Washed romaine. It fit in two gallon zip lock bags.
We will dine on lettuce most of the week.

One gallon of mache lettuce. 
If you ever get the chance to eat some of this, do. It is so delicious.

Jimmy Buffet just finished the national anthem at the Saints vs Rams game.
I am off to watch. 
Go Saints!

Shalom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment