Sunday, August 25, 2019

Can you hear it?

This month. Can you just hear it winding down? I did accomplish more posts for the month than last year. My phone weather told me that it would be cooler and rainier today. So far neither of those is true. It is hot. And humid. And no rain, yet.

I was outside a little while ago and got no less than half a dozen mosquito bites. I was pruning back my fennel to give the milkweed some room to grow and seed. I harvested three pods of seeds this morning. I wait until they are dried and splitting before I cut them off the bush. I have put some seeds in pots hoping to propagate them to sell at the Master Gardener plant sale next spring. I don't see anything growing, yet. But we do have 3 out of 4 figs cuttings that have green growth. And. All 4 hydrangea are green with new growth.

We had a good visit with Out of Town Son and family yesterday. His girls are growing. And so very cute. I know I am biased. But they are. Cute.

That is all for now. Must go mix up some cornbread for the man of the house.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment