Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Sweet September

We skipped right into the month. Doing a little of this. And. A little of that. Labor Day found us up in the wilds of Itawamba County. Our friends had invited us to the Tammy Wynette event center for their fall festival featuring old cars and local musicians. The FFA served hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken strips, french fries, cole slaw, and homemade desserts. So for $14 we loaded up. Enjoyed the local flavor of the music. And bid our adieu soon enough to not get caught helping clean up.

We've latched on to another period piece on the Netflix. This time it is Victoria. We did watch documentary on Sunday about the Mississippi Madam - Nellie Jackson. I had never heard of her before I saw it on Facebook that very day. Quite the story, that.

Been catching up on laundry and paperwork today. Garden club and our mass & brunch group reconvene this week. Trying not to get nervous over the club meeting, of which I am the president. It will be fine. When its over. In two years. Ugh. I'm loving it. Really I am. No really.

While telling myself that I'm loving what I am doing I am still harvesting eggplant. I have a big pan roasting in the oven now. Right now. And another bag to give away at the Master Gardener education meeting tonight. I hope I have some takers.

Two special birthdays this month. Millie and Merritt. Two very special young ladies. They put the 'spark' in sparkle. And spark plug. This month also celebrates a brother and a sister-in-law. And. My mom's 99th birthday will pass this earth without her on it this year. Last year she arrived to her 98th birthday in a convertible with balloons flying all around. Those balloons were still inflated six months later when she breathed her last. I'm thinking about her every day.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment