Saturday, September 28, 2019

Hot fall.

Fall arrived in the heat. Temperatures remain in the 90s during the day. Weathermen are saying that this might break in a week. Here's hoping. 
***
Last year I looked and looked for my naked ladies in September.  I mentioned it to Macho and he confessed to mowing that corner (not realizing what he was doing). 
This year the girls arrived without delay. Even in the heat. 

Naked ladies and Beyonce. 

Last week we enjoyed Grandparents' Day at the Super Carrot's elementary school. 
The lunch was good - meatball subs!
We saw her classroom and then it was over and we left.
Perfect!
Did some shopping and I found a cute pair of red espadrilles on clearance at DSW. Bought them. Wore them to church on Sunday. Had three blisters to show for it, too. 

Saturday of last week I found a treasure at a local estate sale.
It is a water color of a caribbean beach scene painted in 1956.
(A very good year!)
The artist, Sallie Knerr, enjoyed local fame in North Carolina and Missouri. 
Her paintings appraise well but do not sell quickly.
I don't want to sell. 


Brings me to last night and the fun we had. Top Flight, the Air Force rock band, performed at our riverwalk. They were very good. We sat with some dancing friends and passed a good time.
Macho even danced with me.
Once. 

*****
Pickle ball this morning was followed by pulling up the fading eggplant from the front bed and some burnt up zinnias from my butterfly garden. 
We have not had rain in over a month. Burn bans are popping up everywhere.

This morning I harvested a volunteer bok chop out of the raised bed for a lunch salad. I oven fried some eggplant out of our very own garden, too. 
I have a huge pot of spaghetti gravy cooking for tomorrow.

October will be here in a few days. And with it a new challenge. 
Daughter. 
Inktober. 
It's on. 

Shalom. 





No comments:

Post a Comment