Friday, January 11, 2013

Do your best.

This is my mantra for the new year. I borrowed it from a local editorial that was in print on New Year's Eve. A quaint story about an elderly friend. And so I adopt it as my own this year. I will try. To do my best. That is it. No more resolutions. No more promises.
Oh. And that includes trying not to say naughty words. So don't tempt me. Be nice.
Lots to get done this weekend so that I can go keep Mom company next week. Am planning to bring my yarns with me so I can crochet while there.
Have tried to eat healthy this week. Good salads with avocados. Yum. Last night I made some home made tomato soup. Love it. Tonight it will be chicken and wild rice soup. Tomorrow I am cooking red beans and rice. Maybe I can take some with me to Mom's.
Sweet sympathy cards arrive every day. The sentiments have touched me like I didn't expect. It feels like a cocoon of comfort that people are concerned and praying for me and my family. I feel cared for. It is good to know this on the receiving end.
I must go to work now. Scrubbing bathrooms and changing sheets that should have been changed last week. Chasing dust off the furniture.
Peace. Be sweet. And. Do your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment