Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chili and confessions.

Despite the chili, damp weather the weekend has been enjoyable. So far. Mr. Macho and I went to town yesterday and enjoyed going to the "junque" stores. They all claim to be antique stores. But. There is more junk than antiques. Mimi asked me to be on the look out for a rocker. She is going to be a grandmother and needs a rocker in her house. She also asked for me to look at dressers that could be converted into a dressing table. So off we went. I found some interesting pieces. I snapped pictures with my phone and messaged them to Mimi. I liked one rocker in particular but would not dare buy it without her on site approval. It was inexpensive. But still.

We enjoyed looking at the multitude of old stuff in the stores. We worked up a little appetite and opted to stop at Bojangles for fried chicken. It was a mistake. The chicken took 30 minutes to get to our table. No. They weren't busy. Quite the opposite. So much for fast food. Mr. Macho declared, "I have BEEN to Bojangles!!" And we all know what that means. That means we won't be going back in this millennium.

Office Depot was right out back of the restaurant and I wanted to check out a wireless router and external hard drive. I ended up with both those items plus a new modem and ink cartridges for my printer. Home. Try to set up. Failed. On phone for 30+ with Cableone then Linksys. Got disconnected. @#%%$&%^&%&#@@#@%!!! Go next door. Ask our wonderful, tech-savy neighbor to rescue me. And he did. He is a really great guy and good neighbor. Thanks Steve!

We watched a movie last night. One with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. Not a great movie but there was this one scene when a baby threw up on Reese and Vince was dry heaving... and it was so hysterical that when the movie was over we watched it again and laughed our heads off. Really. Heads on the living room floor.

Confession. Our heads really aren't on the floor. And. One more thing. One scene in the movie last night when Reese's Dad reached for her hand to say a blessing at the table caught me off guard and made me tear up. It struck me in a sharp way. I miss Dad. I miss seeing him. I miss the idea that he is tangible.

Now I have a pot of black bean and turkey chili cooking. Later we are going to attend a lecture on some local history. I know Mr. Macho will enjoy that. He is a history kind of guy. That's his bag, baby.

Even later some of his family is coming over to visit. That will be nice.

And so. I face another week. Things to do. Busy-ness. I am trying to finish the granny square afghan that Dad watched me start.

Hope your week is full of fun. Be sweet. Do your best.


No comments:

Post a Comment