Thursday, January 24, 2013

Food.

So far - I have lost a few more pounds than I had planned on the Weight Watcher diet. That is fine by me. At this point I am not really writing down my points. I am being mindful of portions and choices. It is challenging sometimes. But doable.
Monday Paulette (sister) and I had lunch together to celebrate both our birthdays. We ate downtown at The Front Door Restaurant. New owners. Same food. The cream soup is still good. It was cream of asparagus on Tuesday. The new owner came by our table was was amiable.
Yesterday 3 of my dance girlfriends and I ate at the Continental Market Bistro downtown. Small. Quiet. I had a smoked salmon sandwich. It was very tasty. It was on a flaky bread. I think it was called bolio bread. I recommend that sandwich.
Last night I attempted fish tacos for the first time. I have eaten them before. Never made them. I baked some swai fillets that I had in the freezer. Lemon juice and a dusting of chili power was all I put on them. I made a slaw with a vinaigrette dressing. I used garlic and cumin and a little salt and lemon pepper in the dressing. Condiments were salsa, cheese, plain greek yogurt. I forgot to slice the red onion that I bought specifically for the tacos. Mr. Macho declared them good and asked that I cook that again. Ah. Success.
***
I am on to another crochet project. Last week I made 9 hats while at Mom's. Sister from Virginia had requested I make some for her to take home to use as gifts. Now I am crocheting a tote bag. Multicolored. I think it will be fun looking.
I have yet to finish my sunflower afghan. All I have to do is crochet the squares together. I am stalled. I will try to do a few a day. No promises, though.
***
I love my new steam mop. Used it yesterday for the first time. Will get the rest of the floors done this afternoon or tomorrow. Have things to do this morning.
***
Maybe today I will get my Christmas door mats put away. Maybe.
***
Be sweet. Do your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment