Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Just kicking it.

That's what I'm doing today. Kicking it at the crib. A stay home day. Oh. Lots to do...have already changed the bed sheets. And. Did all my good stretching. In a few minutes I will get all the towels in the washing machine, windex the inside of my car windows, do some floor maintenance, and see what else I can find that needs attention.

My time is being filled these days. With good things I can do. I have found some fast-working crochet projects...

This was accomplished in two days. Could have finished it in one. 

I liked the pattern so much that I made it in another color combo. I love the picot edging. 

I liked this pattern. It worked up quickly. Might try it in other colors, too. 

I am anxious to work on a yellow/white/gray pallet. Sister Marsha gave me some big skeins of yarn that I might use for a full size afghan. Am trying to finish a pink baby girl afghan right now, too. 
Cooler months tend to make me want to do the crochet. I might even find a fun little hat project to work on this week. That usually goes fast. Fast projects = feelings of accomplishment.  
Don't ask me who these things are for. Most of the time I have no one in mind when I make them. Then. Someone pops up pregnant, or my neighbor comes over because she has been invited to a baby shower...and voila! I have the perfect gift. 

The yarn fairy has set off her bomb, again. The bed right behind me is a hot mess of yarn right this minute. It gets the creative juices flowing. 
***
I am trying very hard to stay engaged in social activities right now. Both of my bunko groups and my garden club have started back after the summer break. Little projects and fund raisers are happening these days. And. I am trying hard to be involved. Even though it is at a minimal level, it helps my psyche to go out and do. 
***
Can you hear that? My dirty car window is calling my name. 
Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment