Monday, October 6, 2014

Love where you live.

This morning I am feeling tired. And a little schmarmy. I love it that I can drive a short distance and buy quart size jars of local honey. On the honor system. The jars sit on a little bench with a sign that reads, "Honey $10 - honor system." There is a slit in the bench that I slip my money into. And. The honey is delish.

I also have an egg lady. She doesn't live very far, either. Her husband died this weekend. I am baking a coffee cake for her right this minute, as I type. I will deliver it after my shower this morning. Along with a nice bag of coffee, some napkins, and paper cups.

I love my YMCA. Where I exercise. And socialize. There is a loose camaraderie among us early morning athletes (wink, wink). I am still having to work out at a very slow measured pace. But I am so proud that I can do it. Lots of problem solving and prognosticating goes on around the coffee pot most mornings.

This morning I noticed a particular maple tree in my neighborhood is just showing signs of fall color. This weekend was near perfect. Rain on Friday brought down the temps. On Saturday - all felt right with the world. The high did not even reach 70 degrees. And the sun shone on Mississippi, literally and figuratively,  in a rare confluence of the most cheerful events in the history of our sports. Our. Teams. Won. In a big way.


Here are some pics from the past week...

Naked ladies in my back yard. A sure sign of autumn.

Pinterest biscuit recipe was the bomb-dot-com. 

I finished this afghan. For a football player I have never met. 
Why? 
He asked. 

Here is the photo from the "trying new things" department. Harvest pumpkin ale. It was good. 

Saturday morning I hedged my bets with three different color pom-poms. Maroon and white. Red and blue. And. Crimson and white. Just in case. 


I thought Katy Perry was hysterical. She did what she does best. Act redunculous. 
I must admit something here. I enjoyed, even gloated slightly, that Lee Corso and his cohorts got it wrong this time. 

We cheered on the Bulldogs. Mr. Macho truly enjoyed watching MSU beat TA&M. 
Then. And then. To our great surprise - the Rebels beat the Tide. I didn't think it could/would happen.
Our Sunday morning papers declared the weekend, "Unbelievable!" It may not happen again for a long time, but for one Saturday we owned it. And. We enjoyed it. 
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!
Victory. Victory. That's our cry. 
Hail dear old State.
And.
Hotty toddy, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment