Monday, September 29, 2014

Almost gone.

This month. Another slippery slope. Gone too fast. Ah well.

The weekend. Bueno. Almost felt normal. Mr. Macho and I checked out two new stores in town on Saturday. A sporting goods store. A craft store. Our little metropolis is growing. More shopping options feels like progress. Progress is good.

Saturday afternoon I cooked the huge pot of chili. I had a yen and googled some new ingredients for the chili. In addition to the usual beef, beans, onions, peppers, tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin - I added a beer and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. The chili was the smoothest, richest chili I have ever made.

Veering from the norm, I did not cook Sunday dinner. Instead, we opted to eat at the Buffalo Wild Wings. It was my second repast at this particular BWW, and Mr. Macho's first. He has declared, "I have been to Buffalo Wild Wings!" - which translates to, "I won't make that mistake again!" So many teevees. So much noise. Screaming our order to the waitress is not our idea of a fun dining experience.

Next on the agenda was a movie. Mr. Macho had decided he wanted to watch Denzel on the big screen. He rarely thinks about, much less verbalizes that he wants to go the the movies. I jumped right on that band wagon and off to the movies we went. Denzel did not disappoint. He is such a good actor. The good guys defeated the Russian bad guys. I was so relieved that his movie friend/side kick survived the entire ordeal. I was going to be so agitated if he had not.

After a big milk "shape" (thanks Tucker) at the Sonic we caught a quick visit with Macho's dad. Afterwards we just vegged at home for the rest of the evening.

Out-of-Town Son is due in after work this evening. He will be working in town the next two days and will crash at our maxi pad. I am cooking breakfast for supper tonight, trying a new biscuit recipe. I hope  they taste as good as the picture looks.

I am pleased to announce that I walked 1.5 miles again this morning on the treadmill. And. I shaved 3 minutes off of the time from last Wednesday.

With that uplifting note I am off to the shower and a little more folding clothes and dusting before the wind runs out of my sails.
Be sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment