Thursday, December 18, 2014

On being present.

It has been several days since my last post. I have visited this spot thinking I might...but thought better and decided to just wait. And so. I did.

I am trying to enjoy each day during this Advent season. We haven't had parties to attend. We have done a minimum amount of Christmas shopping. All is well. I have had my regular monthly bunkos to attend. Each with their fun dirty Santa gift exchange. We do white elephant items, which means you wrap something that isn't new.  Yesterday I cam home with a box of designer matches. I have already tried one this morning. It struck beautifully. Tonight I hope I come home with something equally fun.

Mr. Macho spent the night with his Dad last night. And will again tonight. I think Macho is catching a cold. This duty is discussed and revisited each and every day. Taking care of a parent is much like taking care of a child. Reminding ourselves that we do this out of love is our unending conversation. We are trying to be thankful for this gift of time to honor our parent.

Daughter and her family have all been under the weather this week. Husband and three children have all been taking the Tamiflu(?). Daughter had steroid shot and a z-pack of antibiotics. She finally sounded alive yesterday. Poor baby, she was not well first of the week. Having to nurse a sick family while sick your own self is the pits.

Our Christmas celebration weekend begins tomorrow. Family will begin to arrive. By Saturday our house will be filled with love and laughter. Meals will be shared. Gifts will be given. And received. I sometimes don't know how it all gets done. But. It does. My house may not be spic and span, but today! Today I will steam mop my kitchen. I have graduated from the back brace and I am free at last! I will promise not to overdo, but sweeping and steam mopping is about to commence!!

Then on to lunch with my girlfriends.
Go.
Find the peace and joy that awaits you today.
I'm all about the base. No treble.



No comments:

Post a Comment