Saturday, December 6, 2014

The week in review.

The two week point was marked by a doctor visit. What else?! Doc said I could "ween" off the back brace, I can drive, I can walk on a treadmill, walking is good, do light housework, lift 15 lbs...but for another two weeks no sweeping, vacuuming, and no extensive bending over. 
Check. And. Check.

I stayed in the road on Thursday and Friday. Freedom felt good as I celebrated my 58th birthday. Yep. Me. I bought a dozen cupcakes from my neighbor/baker. Got home and ate two right away. Happy birthday, a day early, to me. Mr. Macho treated us to a nice restaurant Thursday night. We shared a chocolate eruption dessert. Happy birthday, early. 

On Friday I had a hair appointment followed by lunch with two of my good friends. More sweets - we split and ice cream sundae for dessert. Happy birthday to me. I picked up some barbecue and fixin's for dinner at father-in-law's house. And ate another cupcake for dessert. Happy birthday to me. Mr. Macho spent the night at his Dad's. I came home. And. Ate another cupcake. 

Now. The birthday calories don't count. Today I am back to a more healthy ingestion. Turnips greens and such. 

I'll spend the afternoon resting my back. I have been up and moving since about 6:30. I got three weeks' worth of paperwork filed away. Cleaned up the yarn explosion. Replaced it with Christmas wrap explosion. 

I've cleaned a toilet, mirror, and dishes. I want to clean my floors, but that is off limits to me for now. Argh. Really need to steam clean. 

Pacing myself is not my favorite. I want to do things as I see them. Ah well. It is what it is. 
I thought I would put out a few decorations today. That hasn't gotten done. Yet. The day is young.

Going to kick my feet up for a few.
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment