Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Changing of the sheets.

Tuesday. It is "change the sheets" day. Always. In our house. Dirty sheets are in the wash. The bed awaits clean ones. This week adventures are coming in mini-size. 
Saturday we went to the gym and came home to so much sunshine that we couldn't go inside. We picked up sticks and pine cones and generally "policed" the front yard. 

This lichen fell from one of our front pines. It was so frilly looking. There were many mores of these around the pines in the front yard. The photo doesn't do it justice. I like nature's fancy frills. 


A 30+ year old bush in our front bed has been in a slow process of decline for the last 3 years, or so. So, I asked Mr. Macho to put it out of it's misery on Saturday.  
The process. He cut off the branches. Then I helped bag them for the garbage men. We got it down just in the nick of time. The garbage men had been weather-delayed on Friday. Just as we bagged the last of the limbs the garbage truck came around the bend. 

Mr. Macho cut right down to the base. Yesterday it rained and I took a look when I got home from the gym. The wood had turned a dark red and black. I failed to take a picture....maybe later. 

*****
We made it back to dance class last night after skipping last week due to our cold germs. Mr. Macho is rather frustrated with the fox trot. He didn't have very much fun last night. The classes are getting more crowded. The fox trot requires much space to move, especially for the less confident dancers. 

The warmer temps are welcome with open arms this week. Even though the rain will be with us for days, I am glad for the biting cold to be gone. Hopefully for good!

Going to a regular luncheon today. Then on to my girlfriend's house to catch up on some Downton Abbey episodes. 

***
Update on the bird burial. I disposed of the body. It was unceremonious. Mr. Macho hadn't remembered to do it. I didn't want to keep passing the window with the little body out there. My fat squirrels continue to hog most of the sunflower seeds that I throw out for my feathered friends. 
*****

Sunday I had hoped to go out to eat but changed my mind on the way home from church. Why go out when I had plenty of food, already prepared, in the fridge? I just heated us some leftovers. I knew I couldn't sit and listen to the teevee all afternoon. Before lunch it was screaming at me. Mr. Macho likes his teevee loud. Some days it is fingernails on a chalk board to me. We took a Sunday drive and went down roads we haven't traveled in years. We ended up hoping around car lots, looking at new pickup trucks. After that we let the car hop load us up on cold drinks and fried onion rings. No, that is not on my Weight Watcher plan. It is a true confession. 
***

There is a little funk in my head this week. Nothing that a little sunshine and good weather won't cure, or an exotic out of town trip! Or maybe I just need a good glass of wine and a box of chocolates!! 

A new pork recipe is in the crock pot. I will pick up some cabbage at the Piggly Wiggly on the way home from girlfriend's house. 

Don't forget your umbrella! Be sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment