Monday, March 2, 2015

March. Monday.

Here is another month. Already. Warmer temps and rain have kick started March. Not to worry, snow is predicted later in the week. Old Man Winter is not through with us, yet. We do spring forward in time next weekend, though. 
 Our snow last week arrived on Wednesday and, for the most part, was gone by Friday morning. Remnants of our snow-woman stayed until after dark on Saturday. Other snowmen around town waited until Sunday to disappear. 

Daughter called Friday and gave me a mission. If I chose to accept. And I did. I spent the afternoon making Lauren a "colonial" skirt, apron, and kerchief. I so appreciate having the Hoblob in our little town at just such times as this. I dropped by and found just the right fabric. I checked out a pattern, but it was cost prohibitive. So I just made it up as I went along. Skirt with elastic waist. Easy apron. And I photographed a kerchief outline on a Simplicity pattern and fashioned it myself when I got home. 

Mr. Macho and I have both contracted nasty coughs. Saturday he didn't feel like doing anything much. After standing outside in the sunshine for a while to soak up some vitamin D, we just vegged around the house for the rest of the afternoon. I did a few things. Like, laundry. Alka Seltzer Plus helped keep me from feeling rotten. Until Sunday. We ran over to Daughter's house to deliver the colonial outfit. I didn't take any meds in the middle of the day and the cough got the best of me. Hydration and more meds when I got home helped. And today I am vegging out again. Didn't go to the YMCA this morning. Even gonna stay home from dance tonight. I don't think fellow dancers would appreciate us coughing in their face. 

A Saturday visit with Nana. 
Beach Boy's girls and my Mama. Having some fun. There is something missing in this picture. Oh yea - ME!

Here is Lauren looking all colonial. I love being able to do this for her. 

***
On our way to Tuscaloosa Sunday morning we drove by a terrible auto accident. Many fire trucks, police cars, and ambulances surrounded the scene. I had to divert my eyes as we passed because it was so gruesome. It involved two vehicles and a tanker truck. As I understand, the tanker truck was not at fault. It was tragic and brought home part of our Sunday sermon that included a message about how short life is and no person knows when tragedy, or a bad diagnosis, will happen. 
So, make straight your ways. Rend your hearts and not your garments. 
You're welcome. 
Namaste. 



No comments:

Post a Comment