Thursday, December 17, 2015

And so it begins...

...the Christmas frenzy. Mr. Macho started his Christmas vacation yesterday. His first real vacation time off all year. Today the toilet woke me up doing its spooky running thing. I thought, "Oh no! This is the first day of sleeping late!" And. Then I looked at the clock. (Insert smiling emoji here.) It was 6:45!!! That made me happy.

We hit the ground running...after breakfast Mr. Macho has worked in the yard, only coming in to eat lunch. I have boiled my eggs for the deviled eggs I will make tomorrow. I peeled and cooked 5 lbs of potatoes and put together my potato salad. That will go with the chicken gumbo we will eat on Sunday. I put together a batch of sausage balls. I have assembled the pack-n-lay for Miss Cecilia. I am in the process of vacuuming. I needed a rest for my back, so here I sit.

I still want to put together some fudge and spinach dip. I will attend a bunko Christmas party tonight. I still have several things to accomplish this afternoon...

Listen. This one little minute I am sitting here anticipating with warmth and love the gathering that is about to happen. This one little minute I feel peaceful. This one little minute I am not worried that something won't be just right or something will go undone. This one little minute.

And. There it goes. Gotta run finish the floors. Then the fudge.
Tomorrow and the next tomorrow our guests will arrive.



People, look east. The time is near 
Of the crowning of the year.
Make your house fair as you are able,
Trim the hearth and set the table.
People, look east and sing today:
Love, the guest, is on the way.
-Eleanor Farjeon

No comments:

Post a Comment