Monday, December 28, 2015

Tough being a grown up.

I have had a sick headache all afternoon. Today I decided to give up a trip to go see Mom so that Mr. Macho could be available to help his family. He was willing and ready to take the trip. But. He really could not have gone out of town and relaxed with his dad recovering from a stroke. I could not have enjoyed myself, either.  I COULD have gone by myself. That didn't feel right, either. It was not an easy decision to give up going to see Mom and to give up celebrating the new year with my siblings and commemorating the third year since Dad died.  In fact, it broke my heart a little. Yet. It just would not have been right to leave town when father-in-law is not well. It was a rough day. A really rough day. It felt like sacrifice and the right thing to do all at the same time. I am sad but peaceful. 

Mr. Macho is spending another night at the rehab with his dad. I am having wine and chocolate for supper. It's that kind of night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment