Sunday, December 13, 2015

Welcome Christmas!

Christmas is sneaking up on me this year. And. That is just how it will have to happen. And. It will be wonderful. Marvelous. King of kings. Lord of lords. (We so enjoyed the signing of Handel's Messiah earlier this week.)

This weekend got sidetracked. Son-in-law had an overnight hospital stay ending with a colonoscopy. All is well in the end. (Hahahaha!) Really. He is okay. Scary diverticulitis! Not fun. So thankful that it was this outcome. I was worried about him.

In the midst of that crisis, Daughter got her pathology back. She needs a little more tissue removed from her forehead. Squamus cell? SHE. Has had the rough week.

So, Mr. Macho and I drove over yesterday so Daughter could be at hospital with husband, and bring him home after colonoscopy. The kids were terrific. They got along. Were well behaved. Did their chores. And. Minded their manners. It is easier when they are in their own home environment. I love those guys.

This afternoon we will go tour some homes decorated for Christmas. I will actually help host in one of the homes. It is the home of my friend. Their church is raising funds for a mission.

The chicken gumbo is getting made today instead of yesterday. To be served next Sunday. It is good,  I have little gifts bought that I will be happy to give this week. Only a few more must do's before next weekend. Which is when our family will gather around the tree..."Fah who for-aze! Dah who dor-aze! Welcome Chrismas! Come this way!..."

A few more loose ends will be gathered and tied this week.
I am letting my heart be light.
Peace on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment