Thursday, April 14, 2016

Where is my muse?

My week in pictorial review...

Today marks two weeks since the tornado. From my front porch I watched as the "cat" loaded this dump truck in the rain. Heavy equipment is fascinating. It is loud. It also leaves behind the dregs. I want to get a broom and sweep all my neighborhood streets. It feels pretty dirty. 

Amaryllis blooms right out my porch door. I have more blossoms than ever this year. I have made a new friend this week that sent me pics of her yard in bloom. There were six or eight different shots of flowers everywhere. This is all I got. 

The last Christmas waffle was consumed this week. And enjoyed. 

I need to find my muse. This is the first thing I have drawn since I can't remember when. 
No. 2 pencil and crayon. 

Tomatoes before the roasting. Yum. Ate some of these last night with our sushi. 

This morning, after kissing Mr. Macho goodbye, I discovered this message on the dry erase board on my refrigerator. Lauren spent the night with me last weekend. She is a hoot. We had a good time. Went shopping. Ate out. Took a short tour around town. Made pies. Watched her choice of movie. 
She has such a sweet spirit. I love that girl. She teaches me things. About life. And about myself. 

***
I am having some weepy moments this week. Father-in-law is being driven three hours in hopes the out-of-town doctor can do a procedure that will help get blood flow to his feet. 
Today I am feeling sad and weepy thinking about it. Lots of details are being left out here. Suffice it to say that Laura has been stretched beyond any normal breaking point. Tag team effort by two sisters-in-law to get him to the doctor today. 

*****
Let there be peace on earth.
And let it begin with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment