Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Best laid plans.

Happy St. Valentine's Day. You just have to know by now that Mr. M. is not a shopper. Therefore a gift giver he is not.

His Valentine present awaited him at the breakfast table this morning. I found a nice long sleeve MSU shirt in his size that I thought he would like. It was in a Christmas gift bag. I didn't have a Valentine bag. The card is several years old, but is not a recycled card. I bought a box of children's Valentines and it takes me years to use those up.

We had agreed to spend a nice gift certificate that we received for Christmas and go out to eat tonight. Welllll...plans have changed. Mid-morning he calls to tell me our contractor can finally meet with us. This evening.

Plan B. Bottle of sparkling wine. Check. Two nice ribeyes from the Piggly Wiggly. Check. Red Box movie. Check. And voila! A perfect Valentine date and he doesn't even know it yet. Surprise!

I don't think he remembers that Valentine's Day and Mother's Day are the two worst days of the year to eat out. Problem solved. We can spend the gift certificate another night.

And. I won a box of Valentine candy at my luncheon today. Win!
And. Our contractor is finally coming over. Win.
So. It is turning out to be a great Valentine Day.

XOXOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment