Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Clouds.

Last evening I made a quick trip into town. To be a groupie. One of our local authors had a book signing. I have been looking forward to this book release for quite a while. I have read one of his other two books. I am getting the marrow out of this book. Really enjoying the read.

On the way home the sky had the remnants of the rain clouds that had soaked the day. There were grays and purples and pale yellows. I thought they would break my heart. Not often do I really miss living at water's edge. Then I see a sky like last night's and I just want to be on the sand with an unending skyline stretched before me. 

This morning we woke to thick fog. Dense. So I grabbed my camera and made a spontaneous detour to my local lake to snap a few. 

Usually you can see the other side of the lake from this vantage. 






My YMCA is struggling. Financially. I will be a bit devastated if it closes. We are community. We are family. It is much more than a work out spot. We have supported each other through the death of parents, spouses, through surgeries, through recovery. We have witnessed to one another in our daily struggles. We share laughs. And cookies. And years. And bad hair. These old farts are my peeps. I am them. We need some action.

I need to find my cape. 
Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment