Friday, June 9, 2017

A quiet little Friday.

We watched two of the bunnies nibble in our yard while we were at the breakfast table this morning. We may end up with a plague of bunnies...but for now they are fun to watch in the yard.

I was happy that the pickers found the two pair of shoes I left for them atop the garbage can this morning. There was a lot more wear in those two pairs.

After exercise I decided to steam mop my wood floors this morning. I had lots of the water left in my machine and so decided to mop the old kitchen floor one more time. I was just using up the water, I said. I justified it that there might be less sheetrock dust transmitted through the house if I just gave the kitchen floor a once over. And so. It was just the little bit sad to mop it. One. Last. Time. Today is the anniversary of the day we moved in. 34 years ago. I was pregnant with our third child. He would be born two weeks later. So. I thanked my old floor for all those good years of service. Like preparing a body for burial. It is washed.

No more kitchen progress after Tuesday of this week. Next week will bring trim and a new carport door. Then we will wait on the cabinets. Please Lord, let them be finished soon. I want my kitchen back.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment