Monday, June 5, 2017

All wet.

My second day of lap swim for the summer. I started last Thursday and hoped to swim 10. Would shoot for 12. Actually swam 15. 
Today? 21 laps. My breathing and timing are not bad. It takes a few weeks to really get the rhythm right. 
When I got in the shower after swimming I could hardly wash my hair. I would scrub then drop my arms. Then scrub and drop my arms. Right now they feel long. And tired just typing.

I did some volunteer duty at the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning while Mr. Macho worked in our yard and repaired an old Bible stand for me. One of our neighbor's sons got married in the evening. We attended. It was a lovely simple affair. A garland of greenery decorated a double door frame on the alter. Lanterns and greenery adorned the tables in the reception hall. A seated meal was served instead of the usual heavy hors d'oeuvres. We were able to eat, greet our hosts, and come home long before the bride and groom departed. Just right.

We spent Sunday afternoon swimming with Daughter's family in the University pool. It has a lazy river. My first time in a lazy river. It was fun. 

***
Progress has happened in a small amount this morning. Sheet rockers have worked in the kitchen. They will be back at 7:30 in the morning to work their magic. After the I am hoping new doors and trim will appear. 

The weather just can't decide today. We started with rain. It rained gently whilst I swam. The sun peeked out. Then it got dark and distant thunder rumbled. Heavy rain. And now? The sun is starting to shine. Everything is wet. I do so hope it isn't too much for my tomatoes and eggplant. 

Laundry awaits me. 
Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment