Friday, July 6, 2018

Unrequited intentions.

I really meant to post when I said goodbye to June. Now it is July 6 and I only have a few moments to jot my thoughts. July will prove to be almost as brake-free as June. It will go by in a fast skid.

Tuscaloosa grands came and went. We had a few fun activities, but as we all know, tweens and teens are not impressed easily. Activities included fishing, repeated science experiments, movie, 4-H "Fun" Day, small sewing lesson, skating, card playing, and cooking. The parents had not-so-fun adventures getting home, but finally late Friday they pulled up in the driveway. Parents were glad to see children, children were glad to see parents, all were happy to be in their own spaces at home at last.


Fishing with Granddaddy. 

Jurassic World. Super Carrot did not accompany us to the movies. 

Lauren requested the skating trip and she can skate well. 

Super Carrott? Reluctant skater. 

***

Macho and I made a quick trip to celebrate Cecilia's #3 birthday on Saturday. We hurried home to insure our stumps got ground up properly in the front yard. We worked and sweat for a while getting roots raked up. This project will stretch on for a while. A good lawn does not grow overnight.

Monday I left for the coast and to visit my ailing Mom. I found her very tired and somewhat frail on Monday. Tuesday she slept late and was better, but that should be qualified...she will never gain the ground back that she has lost. She was delighted to have me spend the 4th of July with her. We did not do anything exceptional, just visited and breathed. And her breathing does not come easily these days. She still does all that she was doing pre-hospital stay, only she does it a lot slower. A lot. Two months and a few days and she will be 98. I think she will make it. I can't promise 99, but I believe she will see her birthday this year.

New glasses. New hair do. 

Thursday, after a trip to the barber, I packed and drove to Beach Boy's house. We joined my two coast sisters for a nice evening meal and then drove home and did this...

The first paper lantern flew south then west with very little breeze.

The second lantern was more jiggy since a feisty little wind swirled up. It took off low and slow then flew south until it melded with the clouds and we could no longer see it. 



I am home. I am unpacked. Next week will bring information on the new chapter we are about to begin. Macho emailed his bosses this week informing them of his plan to retire on his birthday in October. Here we go! This will be a great adventure.

Shalom.




No comments:

Post a Comment