Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The light is changing.

And just like that July is over. Today is the last of it.
Our sunlight seems shier somehow.
My little garden is waning. 
Rain and slightly lower temps are predicted today. 
The day felt softer when I stepped onto the patio this morning to snap this pic.


This week started hot.
Yesterday Macho came home solemn. The heat is weighing him down.
Retirement is looking better and better. 
Our meetings to navigate insurance and finances make our brains heavy. Research and googling are taking up hours of my day. I believe we will have, at least, half a dozen meetings to begin to understand and make decisions about our future. 
Yet thinking about him not having to deal with the elements of weather makes my heart so much lighter. 

***

Grandchildren are preparing to start school  next week. Residual sad feelings still linger this time of year for me. I was always melancholy when ours had to go back. 

August.
Our anniversary is in August. 
Hurricanes happen in August. 
Dog days are in August.
Light changes in August.
School begins in August.
Football starts in August.
Summer fades in August.
September follows August.
It is all good.

Shalom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment