Monday, September 17, 2018

98 and counting.

The queen arrived in style...complete with bubble machine in the backseat.
Sister Marsha chauffeured Mom in her convertible. The day was beautiful but hot. 

Macho doesn't give out hugs freely. So. This is a rare moment captured on film. For posterity. 

SIL got the recycle award over the weekend. She had saved these from Mom's 90th birthday party and with a slight alteration they were just the ticket for #98. 

Mom enjoyed her non-alcoholic beer with her barbecued shrimp. And. We enjoyed lots of laughs. 
She admitted that only recently has she started to feel older than 68. That was an ideal age for her.
:-)

The meal was wonderful. We sang Happy Birthday and lit a spectacular musical-twirling candle. I thought I was video taping it all. Fail. 
Mom opened her gifts. Took a little nap at the table. 
Then it was time to take our leave. 
I hope we can do this for #99, too. 

We crashed at Beach Boy's house. Millie got my phone and snapped this photo of her sister.


And she snapped this selfie with me. 

We had stopped at the Mennonite bakery on the way down. The sausage-cheese biscuits were scrumptious. 

Peyton had written me a letter and asked me to bring some white string and a needle to repair one of their toys whose arm had fallen off. 
Upon arrival at the toy hospital I discovered not one, but three toys with dangling participles. 
Legs and arms were reattached. Holes were closed. 
Everybody was happy. 

After Mass with Mom we took our leave. We grabbed a quick burger on the road and made a surprise visit with Out of Town Son and family. Cc was so busy. Alice was busy being cute.

Sister Paulette was hosting another sister and husband, so we made a quick visit in town before driving the few miles back home. 
It was good to be in my own bed last night.

***
This morning I awoke anxious. 
A good political/social phone call with Daughter cured me and I am back to normal. (Abby Normal.)
Washing clothes and dust mopping floors is the fair this afternoon. 



Count down continues. 
Less than...


Shalom y'all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment