Friday, September 7, 2018

Winding down...

Summer is not officially over. It is waning, though. Tropical Storm Gordon moved through this week and brought us much needed rain. Can you believe there are still tomatoes on my vines? Just a few. 
My little butterfly garden has had its zenith. I had butterflies aplenty, and caterpillars. The caterpillars devoured my fennel and ran away. There are still some straggler butterflies and bumble bees because the zinnias and Mexican sunflowers refuse to stop blooming. But my efforts are going to seed for the season end. 
I pick the tomatoes before they are fully ripe to avoid the war with the birds. There was a perfectly dead cicada on may patio last week, and I have kept it. Milkweed pods and Mexican sunflower seed will be dried and put up for next spring. 

One hand left. Or. One hand, left.
Either way we are in the final countdown.
Macho says it can't get here soon enough. 
He is feeling "over it". 
Kind of hard to believe they are still adding things to his plate, which will soon be someone else's plate. 

***
Yesterday and today I have had "kick off" gatherings.
Yesterday my garden club had its first meeting of the year.
One down. Seven to go. 
It went well, mostly. There are some opposing personalities at play here and I try to tread lightly.


This morning was the kick off for our First Friday Mass & Brunch. 
That went better than I had hoped. Last minute help ratcheted up and everything got done nicely.
It feels like a win. 

**
The weekend will be fluid. Our plan is "there ain't no plans". 
But. There are possibilities.
Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment