Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Dispatched. The sequel.

It felt semi-normal today. Woke up pretty early. We had things to do. After breakfast I showered and washed my hair. That sounds like nothing. In light of our jail time, and considering we don't really SEE anybody all week...I go days without washing my hair.

So, showered. Hair washed. I. Put. On. Makeup. Oh yes I did. All this to drive out to the Extension Office to water the new plants in the greenhouse. Saw no-one. Macho helped. He even snapped a photo for me.....

Next stop was Walton's Greenhouse to pick up some potting soil and plants for ourselves.
We spent way more than usual - tying to help our local business. 
We bought 2 trays of Cherokee purple tomatoes, one tray of better boys, a tray of sweet 100 cherry tomatoes, a tray of green bell peppers,  and a tray of sweet red bell peppers. 
A not so quick drive through at the bank and then to our local honor system honey supplier before we had to come home. And back to the quarantine reality.
Once home we planted all the new veggies in containers...
Our Lady of Perpetual Vegetables watches over our garden.
Potatoes have quadrupled in size since planted two weeks ago.
I put out carrot seeds with little hope they will grow. 
Hoping to put some green beans and okra in the farthest raised bed. I think I am going to plant yellow squash in my front flower bed this year. Like I did with the eggplant last year. 

Macho's stomach has rumbled for days. Hopefully this lunch will settle him back down...

It's nap time now. He is in his chair sawing logs. Out loud. 
I woke up early this morning to pray the Our Father with the Pope. 
It was noon his time. 6:00 a.m. here.

And the beat goes on.
Shalom.


No comments:

Post a Comment