Thursday, May 14, 2020

Dispatches from heaven.


A nice visit from two grand girls was so enjoyed yesterday.
Their mom needed to visit a friend in mourning.
Wilson says he thinks they touched everything in the entire house. I think so, too. 
They are both so busy. 

She thought that it was a statue of Joseph. 
She wore her Snow White dress all afternoon.
Over her clothes. 

Our spirits are renewed each time we are with our family.
Wilson is not a real chatty person. So yesterday when he went on and on with a story to DIL I knew. He is hungry for company as much as I am.
He just doesn't admit it like I do. 
***

Today is cake day.

Some of the ingredients for my Dad's favorite cake.
Mom would make a 1-2-3-4 cake with pecans for him.
He loved it. 
This was a first attempt for me.
I had to keep a free flowing text line open for advice from the Sisters. 

And voila! 
The coins were half dollars from Dad's collection that were damaged in the storm. 
***


It happened again. It hasn't happened for several weeks but on our walk and this morning there it was. A penny on the ground. My dad loved it when I found money on my walks. He and Mom lived with us for 6 months after the storm in '05-'06. Mom and I both would find change and even paper money one time. Money on our walks made him laugh and smile. Free money. 
My Dad was born May 15, 1920. 
100 years ago tomorrow. 


Shalom.


No comments:

Post a Comment